This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.
If the file has been modified from its original state, some details may not fully reflect the modified file.
July 4, 2014
If one of the background cutscenes on the main menu trigger an Intro Story fadeout, you will be able to explore DK64 in Main Menu Mode. In this mode, the game uses the data from the file you last selected. For instance, if you view a 101% and then get the fadeout, everything will be unlocked.
MMM has some notable differences from Adventure mode:
- The auto-save feature is disabled.
- The Start button is disabled.
- There is no way to lose health.
- All colored bananas and coins will reappear every time you enter a level or go too far out of bounds. This doesn't apply to balloons, though.
- There is no text during intro cutscenes for levels, character huts, battle arenas, ...
- There is no Blast-o-Matic timer once you enter Hideout Helm. It is not just invisible; it is completely disabled.
Since you can't pause or save the game, be careful not to get stuck places like Aztec lobby, key 8 room, or the dark room in Factory.
There are two ways to get out of Main Menu Mode:
- Defeat K. Rool: You will see the ending cutscene(s) and the game will restart from the opening as usual. The file won't be saved, though.
- Start and exit/finish one of Snide's bonus games (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUwonAwS6q0): This will take you back to Adventure Mode and save the file. Be careful though because this may also write any data corruptions into your file, most notably data from DK TV and Kong Battle. You can avoid this by viewing a file before the Intro Story fadeout, as this loads the file and fixes corruptions in the memory.